EnterpriseWorks at Research Park
EnterpriseWorks is a technology business incubator that supports the University of Illinois and community entrepreneurs in all stages of their startup journey. EnterpriseWorks was built in 2003 to help successfully launch early-stage technology companies. The incubator is owned and operated by the University of Illinois. Since opening, EnterpriseWorks has launched more than 250 startup companies and many more aspiring entrepreneurs.
- I-Start Accelerator Program benefits University of Illinois-affiliated entrepreneurs with strong potential for technology commercialization through new company formation. I-Start awardees have access to a suite of professional services including business development, legal setup, SBIR applications, bookkeeping, and marketing/branding assistance.
- FAST Center at Illinois: SBIR Resources The FAST (Federal and State Technology) Center program offers FREE technical assistance, mentoring, and training to technology entrepreneurs seeking to secure SBIR/STTR funding across the State of Illinois. The FAST Center offers Office Hours, One-on-One technical assistance, events and workshops.
- Entrepreneur-In-Residence Program features experienced entrepreneurs who provide free consulting services. The program also hosts monthly training events for technology entrepreneurs covering fundamentals of intellectual property rights, business development and sales, SBIR/STTR grant writing, and investor options and negotiations.
Illinois Ventures is a seed and early-stage technology investment firm focused on return-focused seed and early investment in healthcare and technology. The firm works with entrepreneurial community in the University of Illinois system, University alumni networks, and the national venture capital market.
Office of Technology Management
The Office of Technology Management moves the innovations that result from University of Illinois research into public use by protecting and licensing University intellectual property. OTM offers many resources for technology commercialization.
- Illinois Proof of Concept Program (IPOC) funds projects that facilitate the transformation of UIUC discoveries and technologies into useful products and services that benefit society. Awards up to $50,000 available for all UIUC faculty & academic researchers.
- Disclosure Information Report your innovation to take the first step in the process of commercializing your technology.
- Licensing Information OTM helps facilitate rapid licensing and the transfer of University intellectual property.